Research & DevelopmentDrawing from years of engineering expertise, WRI has developed one of the most sophisticated design and testing systems in the marketplace today. Our technologies and precision testing allows us to examine and resolve complex problems quickly and efficiently, ensuring optimum performance for each design.
Our Test Lab and Field Facilities provide us with the following capabilities:
• Our in-line EM testing equipment for underground mining ropes is capable of detecting broken wires, rope distortion, and establishing the baseline for loss of metallic area verification during rope life.
• Tensile testing of ropes up to 180 metric tons and all types of wire
• Evaluation rotation and modulus of wire ropes
• Actual bending fatigue cycle testing under load, to simulate field conditions and optimize designs using two proprietary fatigue testing machines
• Metallurgical analysis, including full chemical and structural analysis of all steel components, allows for optimum wire selection for each design. • Specialized material testing on key components such as lubricants, plastics and synthetics allows for the selection of the most appropriate materials for our designs
• Field sample analysis allows us to verify design parameters and development new ideas for improvement by comparing laboratory test results with actual customer samples.